Wednesday, January 6

Google plus more

I'm excited again!

Google Translate - this is fantastic! I will now use it when I have trouble with my email communications with my relatives in Croatia, I sometimes need help to translate from the English to Croatian or when my relatives write back to me, from Croatian to English.
The "text and web" box is very easy to use. This is where one can type in words, phrases or blocks of text needing translation, select a language to translate from and a language to translate into, and the translation appears almost instantly!
I just searched our Multicultural Bridge web page to see if there is a link to GoogleTranslate there but I could not find it. I think it would be a most useful link to have for our library clients who speak languages other than English.

i-Google - I don't have to do any discovery, exploration or adventure with i-Google. Some time last year I personalised and added gadgets to my i-Google home page. But now I have lost interest in it and don't use it anymore. I think it was using too much of my time to use everything I had in it and Life just kept knocking on my door ....?!

Google Calendar - have not used this before but having had a quick look at it now I can immediately see how very useful it could be! I will explore it more fully at home in my own time and set up settings so the Calendar will send e-mail or pop up reminders to events I have recorded in the Calendar. Good one!!
As a tool for libraries it could be used to record "What's on" events, workshops, community meetings, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment